Title pawns are a great option for people looking to get money quickly, or who have less than stellar credit. When you have the title of your car in your hands, this is proof that you own the vehicle outright, so it makes sense to be able to use it as collateral when borrowing money. If you are located near the Pensacola, FL area we may be the solution to your money needs. Florida Title has two locations: South Office located in Lillian, AL and North Office located in Seminole, AL
Here are four simple steps on How to Get Money for My Car Title.
How to Get Cash for My Car Title?
- You can fill out a short application online providing basic information with Florida Title to determine if you qualify and get an estimate of how much you may qualify for.
- Provide us with recent Proof of Residency as well as recent Proof of Income.
- You must have a free and clear title for your vehicle and if in hard copy form you can bring it along with the vehicle into one of our two locations or we can request an electronic copy from the DMV.
- Once your application is processed and approved you will walk out with a check in hand.
Applying for a title pawn is simple and easy.
Is Less than Stellar Credit a Concern?
Many people are worried that they may not qualify because their credit is poor or bad. Since you are using your vehicle title as collateral Florida Title is not concerned about your credit scores. We are only concerned with determining how much your vehicle can qualify for and if you have the income needed to make the payments on it.
How Much Can I Borrow Against My Vehicle Title?
How much you can borrow is based on the value in your vehicle. This amount is determined by the Year, Make, Model, Mileage, and condition of your vehicle. How much you can borrow can also be based on how much you can afford to repay.
How Does the Payback of a Title Pawn Work?
We offer every customer 3 options to pay back the pawn:
- Pay the pawn out in full and we will release your title. A title pawn at Florida Title offers a 30-day interest free repayment program. If you meet the criteria to qualify you can get needed funds and repay within 30-days interest free. Depending on how much money you borrow this may be a great option to get needed funds for a short-term of time.
- Making the minimum payment, extending the transaction for an additional 30 days. If you are unable to repay the money in 30-days, you will need to at least pay the interest accrued in that 30-day period and then we can extend your agreement for another 30 days.
- Pay as much as you want over the minimum due, which will go towards your principal balance and reduces your interest for the next 30-day period.
We work closely with our clients to help them borrow only what is needed so they are able to make payments they can afford to prevent them from defaulting on the agreement.
Once the account is paid in full, your lien will be released, and the title is considered free and clear.
What if I have a Cosigner on the Vehicle Title?
Many vehicles have two people on the title for various reasons. It may be a couple who wanted both names on the vehicle or maybe the lender needed someone to cosign to get approved to purchase the vehicle. No matter the reason for having multiple names on a vehicle it is important to note what is required for you to qualify for a title pawn if the title is not only in your name.
How the two names are listed on the title are key in determining if you need both people on the application process. If the two names are connected by the word “and” then both parties are required to be present to get the pawn.
If the two names are connected by the word “or” either party can get the title pawn. If there is no conjunction word between the two names, then both parties must be present because it is inferred that it is “and” and not “or”.
It is important before applying for a title pawn that you review how the names are listed on the title, so you insure if both parties are required to be present to sign the agreement.
At Florida Title our customer service representatives are the best in the business. We take the time to make sure you fully understand the process, terms of the agreement and any other questions you may have. Let us help you make the decision if a title pawn is the right option to get the money you need.
You can reach us online, by phone (850) 458-2274 (South location) or (850) 456-2274 (North location). We are also available via email at [email protected]. We look forward to assisting you with your money needs.